Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Primitive archery

One of these days, when I have a reliable place to shoot, I'm going to pick primitive archery up as a hobby. I've thumbed through Primitive Archer Magazine, and it feeds my interest.

Back in my youth, I was an archery freak of sorts, and had a couple bows. Over the years, these became lost or broken and my interest faded. I was never a fan of the compound bow, which I never could respect. I was a recurve man, and only wanted one string on my bow. That interest never died, but went into hibernation instead.

When I picked up Primitive Archer, I said "ooooooooohhhhhh!" and the interest started coming back. This goes nicely with reenacting, because many bows you can buy are the ones used as military weapons, and would be great centerpieces for a display, not mention for hands-on use.

No comments: