Monday, December 22, 2008

I wish I had the patience...

One of my pleasures when I go to a military-oriented museum are the models. That's right, the models. Especially the aircraft carriers. They're always a sight to behold.

It just blows my mind pondering the skill and amount of time it takes to build some of these beautiful behemoths. An impressive model was at the Virginia Air and Space museum. It was a close to 1/48th scale model of the USS Lexington (CV-2) during the 30's. The actual model was as big as a board room table, with lots of detail for the eye to take in.

The model at the museum has some beautifully detailed Grumman SF-1s of Scout Squadron VS-3B on the flight deck. Impressive to say the least.

Then there was the USS Ronald Reagan (CV-76). Another fine model!

No comments: