Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A beautiful reenacting blog

One thing that has struck me is the dearth of reenacting blogs. Of any hobby you can be involved in, reenacting has the most bloggable material you can think of. But yet, there aren't many devoted to mostly reenacting subjects.

Recently, I did find a very nice blog authored by a reenactor who also happens to be a gifted photographer. The Past Reflected in the Present is a very link-worthy effort, and to be honest, you can spend hours looking at all the great shots. I've this site linked for a couple months, and it's a great source of inspiration for any reenactor. The site's author, Driftingfocus, follows her Russian WW2 unit in events, snapping some great shots along the way.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Aw, thanks for the link! I'm glad to know you enjoy the photos.

Some of those up there are also from my Korean War unit, and Marc's fallschirmjager unit. Soon, though, I will have some of a Chinese forces Korean War unit, and a Cossack unit.

mntineer said...

You're welcome - it's my way of giving out some well-earned recognition. I'd like to cover the Korean War stuff one of these days, when I can track down an event.