Monday, October 20, 2008

For the appreciation of naval architecture

I've been on a few floating battlewagons in my time, from the USS Alabama, the USS North Carolina, USS Wisconsin and most recently, the USS Texas. I have to admit, for sheer explorability and uniqueness, the Texas was the big winner with me.

Not that the North Carolina and the Wisconsin were not interesting, but it seemed to me that more of the Texas was open for viewing by the public. The design of the ship was the eye catcher for me - the Texas is the last generation of dreadnought-style battleships. Much stuff to see that you don't with the newer ships.

I would love to see a reeacting group on board, like with the North Carolina. The Texas would have some great possibilities, like showing the different uniforms between WW1 and WW2.

No comments: