Sunday, November 11, 2007

The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month

The guns became quiet, and soon the War to End all wars came to an end.

Unfortunately, that did not turn out to be a true statement and we're still fighting wars, blood being spilled in the name of freedom.

Our vets have well earned a named day of recognition for that they have done, but every day should be Veteran's Day. We all have benefited from their sacrifices, and a forgotten vet is a shame on us all.

But for today, remember.

2 comments:

Geoff Elliott said...

Thank you for this comment. I'm not a veteran, but my father was, my two uncles fought in Viet Nam, and my great-grandfather served in the Spanish-American War.

Geoff Elliott

http://abrahamlincolnblog.blogspot.com

mntineer said...

Geoff -

I'm like you, I have many vets who are close family or who are reenacting buddies. I can only claim being a military brat, but I am extremely sensitive when it comes to the veterans.