Monday, August 13, 2007

Its REALLY been one of those summers...

Sometimes you have to take the bad with the good when you feel under the weather. But then again, when it's treatable, it's not such a bad thing, especially when it could turn much worse.

When I made my last post, little did I know that a couple days later I'd find a strange rash above my ankle caused by a tick bite. The doc took one look and said it could be a sign of early stage Lyme Disease. The general symptoms included fatigue and flu-like bouts, which I had plenty of.

The good news is that I caught it early got some treatment, and hopefully will see the last of it soon. At this stage of the disease, the cure is worse than the sickness. But I do count myself as lucky and I do advise all reenacting bros to keep a close eye on any tick bites.

Although the symptoms have taken me away from the computer, I'm beginning to feel like myself again. I even went to Gettysburg for a living history last weekend, and I'm primed to start writing again.

Thanks for hanging in there with me.

2 comments:

Spiff said...

Glad to see you back in action. I was beginning to be a bit concerned about you.

mntineer said...

Thanks for the concern Spiff! I was wanting to get back to posting last Monday, but I just felt tired. Now, I'm really ready to get back to it -- I have the energy and pep to get good posts going!