Saturday, June 02, 2007

I've got the itch to sew

I recognize that this is an expensive hobby, so I've decided to take the plunge and try to sew me a shirt and skivvies together. From scratch. By hand.

I'm looking at a few pattern sites and have come up with a few that interest me, and have the patterns I'm looking for. My personal favorites are Galla Rock, Country Cloth, and Past Patterns. I've seen other great sites, but I want to make sure I come off as authentically as I can.

Also during my sewing search, I came up with an interesting, yet Lesko-esque site by Coach McCoach. Has anyone had the occasion to download these ebooks? Are they useful?

***********
Update: Using the Harper House as my vendor, I ordered the Period Impressions 3-button shirt. Looks like a simple pattern, so let's see if I can sew.
************

1 comment:

Blue Bellied Yank said...

The 3 buttons will be the easy part! I finished the skirt I made from a pattern but I still have to start on the jacket!