Saturday, May 12, 2007

Group Spotlight

Here's my first Group Spotlight for a WW2 group. The reason I chose this site is that this is what any reenacting group Web master should aspire to. The 9th Infantry Division, US has a site to die for. I rank it with the Syke's Regulars site as a benchmark that very successfully incorporates "DIGM" into a site you can spend awhile surfing.

This site has some great features that I enjoy immensely, best of which is the members directory. I've seen these directories on other sites, but this one is the best I've seen yet. This site makes you want to join right up, and makes me want to do WW2 reenacting all over again. The impressiona page is likewise, the best I've seen, and an example for anyone wanted to it right. The page spells out what the group expects, but has plenty of photos illustrating what uniform and kit you need. The kit photo is great - I'd love to see a Civil War version.

Web masters take note!

1 comment:

Blue Bellied Yank said...

A Civil War version would be wonderful!