Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday blog odds and ends

Did a little surfing, and I've come up with a few interesting reenacting odds and ends from reenacting/reenactor blogs:

Old Contemptible has a very funny Charleton Heston graphic to go along with a like-wise inspired story, as well as a must-read and blog-roll blog.

The Daily Dose blog of the Syracuse Post-Standard did a listing of reenacting units in the central NY area, and posted some video along with it. The other "reenacting" videos are mildly humorus too.

Jordan's Blog features a young reenactor in the making.

The Old Virginia blog is about things related to Virginia's past, as well as the travels of one of the state's last life-long natives. Very interesting reflections about the Civil War. He's also an ex-Marine who has a love for history. (Note 4/23: I'm incorrect about the ex-Marine mention, but Mr. Williams said he would be proud to carry the distinction! I think the distinction belongs to Rambling Bob below...)

Rambling Bob's blog is more of a journal of personal reflections, but he does have some nice notes on being a reenactor.

4 comments:

Blue Bellied Yank said...

Boy! I sure got lost for a bit at the Old Virginia Blog... I'd like to order that new book 'Stonewall Jackson: The Black Man's Friend'. I wish Stonewall had fought on the Yankee side! I feel the Southern cause did not suit him and he only sided with the South out of loyalty to Virginia.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Sir - thanks for the referral! Correction though, I am not an ex-marine, although I would be proud to carry that distinction if I were.

Best Regards,
Richard Williams, Jr.

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

PS to above - Old Virgina Blog

mntineer said...

Richard - Thanks for the correction! I'll note on my post. :-)