Wednesday, March 21, 2007

What I'm reading now

I had to put down Bloody Roads South for the time being - the copy that I have must be imbued with bad karma, this is the second time I've picked it up, only to put it back down because of outside factors. What I've read, I've enjoyed. But I'm weird, and can't really enjoy a book unless I read it in a timely fashion. This one has been getting nibbled at since October. I'll give another try later.

With that said, I travel back to my favorite historical stomping ground of southern Unionism with Disloyalty in the Confederacy. I'm not particularly enamored with the title, especially from what I've read on my first skimming. Looking at the content, the title may be the only thing I have a problem with, the rest of the book looks to be an answer to a wish I had a while back. I wanted to find a book that gave a good high-level overview of Unionism and unionist activities state by state. And guess what?

No comments: