Saturday, January 27, 2007

Drill Day Redeux

Not too much to say this week, but I did attend our company drill today at Alamance Battlefield (I know it's pre-Rev War, but any period living history is a shot in the arm for this deserving site). I always enjoy the chance to reconnect and recharge with the pards before hopping into the next reenacting season. I've been working pretty hard in the real world, so this drill was also a nice way to catch a bit of peace.

As I become older (and wiser) I'm not as resilient as I used to be. I took a skip on camping out in the freezing weather last night, although some brave souls decided to stay out an extra night tonight. But it won't be as cold.

*******
Next event on the slate is "The Carolinas Campaign" at the end of February, which will be fought at Averasboro (or Averasborough) battlefield. I'll be doing this as Federal, and I'll try to do and present some impression research on this.
*******

No comments: