Friday, January 19, 2007

Ack! He got my tank!

I've been playing several games of Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord, and they've all been a blast. No pun intended.

These days, wargaming is pretty downright cool, with real time action and very realistic results. One game I've been playing is a later-war scenario called Reichwald Redoubt. The Germans have to hold up a rather constant attack from a Canadian battalion. In thi battle, I've been able to defeat the Canadian infantry, but he managed to bop one of my few tanks. It was the Hetzer, which tend to go pretty early on anyway. Now my Wespe is trying to get itself killed too. But hey, they'll make great roadblocks!

I've also ordered another game, Highway to the Reich. If you want to order a wargame, I suggest doing so through Amazon, you'll find some great deals. This one was $30 off the retail price, and Campaign Shiloh was about $20.

2 comments:

David Stefanini said...

I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.blogspot.com

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
David

mntineer said...

David -

I'll bve more than happy to crosslink you. I support bloggers when and where they pop up, especially readers of this site. Just look in Blogs of Note, and your links should be up in a couple of minutes.

Thanks!

Mntineer