Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Lifeus Interuptus and Post Perryville Decompression

Hey everyone -- I'm still here! Having to take care of matters outside the realm of this blog, so I haven't skedaddled. :-) In the meantime, I'm recharging the batteries!

Also, I have a question to pick up some commentary from readers -- After you attend an event, particularly a large one, do you feel pumped up to attend another, or do you go through a decompression stage where you've gotten your fill for awhile?

********
Also as a side note, Seeing the Elephant (recreated) turned one year old last Monday! I blogged the Corinth event then. It was a blast, much like Perryville this year.
********

5 comments:

David Corbett said...

Dear Elephant ,
I too returned from Perryville ! I fought inthe Saturday morning battle and then performed music the rest of the event , so got to watch it as well . It was quite thrilling ! I met Mike Koepke , a fellow Civi War blogger but missed you .
The traffic conditions to and from Perryville were the worst I've ever encountered but I enjoyed the event and was "fired " up watching the Confederate assault Sunday afternoon . I try to attend and support Perryville every year as it is the closest ( excepting Corydon ,IN ) , battlefield to Chicago . So to answer your question : I get pumped !
all for the old flag ,
David Corbett / BATTLEFIELD BALLADEERS / 10th ILL. Inf.

mntineer said...

David -

I tried looking for you when I could, but my unit kept fairly busy, so I wasn't able to get out and see the sights around the living history village. The only thing I did do is some sutler diving.

Mr. Mntineer Elephant

Drew W. said...

Mntineer,
Was Kenneth Hafendorfer there to sell his new book on the Battle of Richmond, KY?

Drew

mntineer said...

Drew -

To be honest, I don't know. There were some authors there for book signings, notably Betty Jane Gorin for Morgan Is Coming and Bill Christen for Pauline Cushman - Spy of the Cumberland and another fellow who wrote a state-interest book, but I didn't see Kenneth Hafendorfer on the schedule.

Drew W. said...

M,
Thanks.

Drew