Monday, September 18, 2006

Small changes

Decided to give the 'ole brain a rest Sunday, so I'm back on track today.

I've done some critical thinking in regards to this blog, and I decided to make some small changes. Usually, when you see something like this, you think, "Sounds like he's about to quit". Let me assure everyone it's just the opposite - this blog is going to keep going strong, but with some changes I've been dwelling on for the past couple months.

So far, I've managed to keep a positive tone, and that's one thing that won't change. I do think that I'm going to give some of my entries more of a critical eye. I feel that I've done a little too much cheerleading and not enough constructive criticism in some of my posts. I certainly won't be another Watchdog, but I think there is a lot of room for improvement Web-wise for groups and vendors alike.

And anyway, reading cheerleader posts becomes boring after awhile. A little spice is good for the soul.

If the hobby wants quality, it needs to practice the same. So far, I've pointed out what I think were the best examples of group sites and vendors. Now, these sites are becoming more elusive. Now, it's to the nitty-gritty of what is offered in the hobby. What are the pros and cons? Recommended or not recommended? A diamond in the rough?

My opinion awaits - as well as those of my commentors. Anyone can comment as long as they're not personal attacks or provocations on people in the hobby, other commentors, or myself.

So in the future, Cool Group site of the Week becomes Group Site Spotlight, and My favorite Sutler of the Week becomes Sutler Spotlight. OK, not the most catchy of titles, but it's the entry and title that counts!

Now on to the Big Show....

No comments: