Sunday, July 30, 2006

Cool group site of the week

When I first started looking for the cool group sites, I weighed my judgement on what information it held and the way it looked. This week's cool group site isn't a graphical marvel, BUT it is a site that everyone should bookmark. For what the Hard Case Boys site lacks in looks, it makes it up in friendly look 'n feel and a sincerity that keeps you coming back. These guys really like doing things right, and this desire shows on their site. It's certainly a place I refer to when I need to look into events that don't readily show up on the usual radars.

Incidently, the organization of the Hard Case Boys heavily influenced OSORG - this the way to create and maintain a group; use the mess system, keep rank and ego low. Hats off and thanks for the common sense approach.

Although this isn't a favorite sutler plug (yet), and is part of the Hard Case Boys site, Farb No More Clothiers looks like a vendor I'd like to do some business with. They have a Federal bent, but they seem to have an eye on the authentic, and their prices are great for their hand-stitched products. As a side note, Timothy Arnold is an Iraqi War vet, and I'm all for supporting the guys who really put it all on the line in their endeavors, great and small.

No comments: