Wednesday, October 12, 2005

My favorite Sutler of the week

For the uninitiated, a "sutler" in the CW was a civilian merchant who sold goods to soldiers of either army. They serve the same function nowadays, and like their historical counterparts, the quality and price of goods varied from sutler to sutler.

In recognition of the sutlers I like because of great and authentic selection, fast delivery and outstanding customer service, I'm going to sing their praises. Loudly.

The first sutler I dealt with from the very beginning of my reemergence was Orchard Hill Sutlery. They have the goods and service, and I've come depend on them for my mess kit and various sundries I've needed and continue to need. They also sold me my shirt (which I love), shoes, and my US blanket. Great items all.

No comments: